Saudi Arabia vs Egypt; pre-match report and insights
Egypt and Saudi Arabia have met in six official matches, with Egypt winning four times, drawing once and losing once. The only major tournament meeting between the nations took place at the 1999 Confederations Cup, which Saudi Arabia won 5-1.
Marzouk Al Otaibi scored four times in that match, as Saudi Arabia advanced to the semi-finals.
- The first meeting between Egypt and Saudi Arabia was in Morocco during the 1961 Pan Arab Games, a match Egypt won 13-0. - The most recent meeting between Saudi Arabia and Egypt was at the 2007 Pan Arab Games, a 2-1 win for Egypt in Cairo.
MATCHDAY 2 - Saudi Arabia attempted eight shots against Uruguay, they have now attempted fewer than ten shots in each of their last four World Cup matches. - Mohamed Salah became the first Egyptian player to score in the World Cup since Magdy
Abdelghany against Holland in 1990. - Mohamed Salah scored from a penalty against Russia. Egypt's last two World Cup goals have come from the penalty spot. - Egypt conceded as many goals against Russia (3) as they had in their previous four matches at the World Cup combined (3 – 2 in 1990, 1 in 2018).
WORLD CUP HISTORY
- Saudi Arabia have failed to score in nine of their last eleven World Cup matches. - Saudi Arabia have not scored a goal in their last 366 minutes of play at the World Cup since Sami Al Jaber's 84th-minute goal against Tunisia in 2006. - Saudi Arabia have failed to win a game in each of their last three World Cup appearances (1998, 2002 and 2006). - Saudi Arabia have lost ten of their last 12 World Cup matches,
drawing the other two Saudi Arabia vs Egypt team form and data by STATS matches.
- Saudi Arabia have kept a clean sheet only once in their 15 World Cup matches - a 1-0 win against Belgium in World Cup 1994. - Egypt have failed to win any of their six World Cup matches (2D, 4L), only Honduras (9) have played more World Cup matches without ever winning a game. - Egypt have kept a clean sheet once in six World Cup matches – in a 0-0 draw against the Republic of Ireland in the 1990 World Cup.
SAUDI ARABIA STATISTICS - Saudi Arabia have lost their last five matches between friendlies and the World Cup. They last lost five matches in a row from March 1 to May 31, 2006.
- Saudi Arabia have failed to win when they have conceded a goal for almost two years,since a 2-1 win away from home against Iraq in September 2016.
- Only seven (50%) of Saudi Arabia’s 14 shots have been located inside the box.
- Saudi Arabia have hit the target only three times in their first two matches of this WorldCup.
- Saudi Arabia have averaged 56.2% possession over their first two games of the WorldCup; however, just 15.2% of their 571.5 passes per match have been located in the finalthird.
- Abdullah Otayf was successful with 86 of his passes against Uruguay, at least 18 passes more than any other player in the match.
Saudi Arabia vs Egypt player data provided by STATS LLC.
EGYPT STATISTICS - Egypt have failed to win in their last eight international fixtures (3D, 5L). - Egypt’s last win was on October 8, 2017 - a 2-1 home win against Congo. Mohamed Salah scored a brace in the win. - Mohamed Salah has scored five of Egypt’s last seven goals, including scoring a penalty against Russia. - Egypt attempted 13 shots against Russia but hit the target just once. Only two of their four shots on target at this World Cup have been located inside the box. - Mohamed Salah had 35 touches against Russia, leading the side with four shots and scoring from Egypt’s only shot on target. - No Egypt player has attempted more passes than Mohamed Abdelshafy in either of their first two games of the World Cup. He attempted 60 passes with 47 successful against Uruguay and 71 passes with 49 successful against Russia.
DATA PROVIDED BY STATS LLC, www.stats.com